Need Immediate Support?

Do you have a Bomgar support issue that needs attention? Take your support request to the Bomgar Support Gurus

pushing to Windows 7 machine

pushing to Windows 7 machine

Posted by Orvil Dunsworth on Oct 27, 2010 12:11 pm

when i try to push to a Windows 7 machine. I get a pop up saying

Cannot detect host settings for 'Backgroundspc' (1:RegConnectRegistry=53)

thanks for the help.

Re: pushing to Windows 7 machine

Posted by Adam Miller on Oct 28, 2010 10:13 am

Can't say I have run into this yet, but I only support 1 Windows 7 system so far, we are still on XP. You might have a better shot at getting an answer from tech support at support@bomgar.com or call them @

Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00-7:00 CST
Direct: 601.519.0123
Toll Free: (877) 826-6427

Please let us know what you find out incase we run into this issue also.

Thanks, Miller-IT

Posted by Johnny Diaz on Oct 28, 2010 11:28 am

Yep I ran into this at one of our sites with Windows 7. The issue is that the remote registry is disabled by default where in XP it was enabled. Open up services.msc on a local pc and right click on the services (local) option to connect to the remote pc in question.  Look for the remote registry service and start it. Then try to connect.

I have had to restart services in Windows 2003 Server as well if I get that message. Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Posted by Shane Fontenot on Oct 29, 2010 10:11 am

Good tip Johnny.  I never ran into this issue on any of my Windows 7 machines.  If I do however I know where to look for a fix now.

1-f5c34cb64456199fbd33346fc8d7b2d4.png

Posted by Laz Smith on Jan 5, 2011 9:48 am

Johnny Diaz:
Yep I ran into this at one of our sites with Windows 7. The issue is that the remote registry is disabled by default where in XP it was enabled. Open up services.msc on a local pc and right click on the services (local) option to connect to the remote pc in question.  Look for the remote registry service and start it. Then try to connect.

I have had to restart services in Windows 2003 Server as well if I get that message. Hope this helps!

Thanks,
I have 1 server in particular (Server 2003 standard) that I cannot Bomgar to until I restart the remote registry service. Every time. And the service is already running. Any idea what's so %^&*9ing special about this particular server?

Posted by M Fallon on Nov 18, 2011 4:35 am

If you know either a local admin account or a domain admin account you can start the remote registry service remotely and then deploy the jump client without the users manual intervention.

To do this type the following in command prompt from your computer

sc \\computername start RemoteRegistry obj= .\Administrator password= password

or for domain admin use:

sc \\computername start RemoteRegistry obj= domain\username password= password

The above command starts the service

sc \\computername config RemoteRegistry start= auto obj= .\Administrator password= password

or for domain admin use:

sc \\computername config RemoteRegistry start= auto obj= domain\username password= password

The above command sets the service to start automatically on startup.

Please note you need to leave a pace between obj= username and password= password

I hope this is of some help :)

Sort:

Can't figure out how to leave a comment?  Make sure you are logged in.  Not a community member? Register here.